But I Don't Feel Any Devotion to God


Brahmachari, "...I don't feel any devotion... Amma, you say that we should cry and call out to God, but I first have to feel like crying!"

Mata Amirtanandamayi, "If you can't cry at first, say the words again and again and make yourself cry. A child will pester his mother to make her buy what he wants. He'll keep following her around and he won't stop crying until he has the desired object in his hand. We have to pester the Divine Mother like that. We have to sit there and cry. Don't give Her a moment of peace! We should cry out, 'Show yourself to me! Show yourself!'

  Son, when you say that you can't cry, it means that you have no real yearning. Anyone will cry when that longing comes to them. If you can't cry, make yourself cry, even if it takes some effort."


(pg. 40, Eternal Wisdom 2)

Comments

  1. heyy, this is a really nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you like it. Above all, I hope it serves the purpose for which it has been created, ji.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts