Why I Am Not Successful?

Question 1: I don't seem to make any remarkable success in anything, whether it is in material or spiritual life. I know that I am good at certain things but somehow, I don't seem to be able to make a success of anything: I am, indeed, good but I am not the success that I want to be--- remaining at a common level as anyone. What should I do? What is it that I lack?

"Patience and perseverance are noble qualities that are born of Sattva (=purity). NO success either in the MATERIAL world or in the SPIRITUAL path is possible without these qualities. A patient man aways keeps his head cool. He keeps a balanced mind. He is NOT afraid of failures or difficulties. Mediate ON this virtue in the morning." (pg 102, "How to Cultivate Virtues and Eradicate Vices" by By Swami Sivananda).

Question 2: But I cannot cease thinking about all the obstacles that have obstructed me in ALL my efforts and attempts. They bewilder and baffle me. They discourage me. Even to think of trying one more time discourages me.

"You should transfer your attention from FAILURE to SUCCESS, from worry to calmness, from mental wanderings to concentration, from restlessness to peace, and from peace to the divine bliss within. When you attain THIS state of Self-Realization, the purpose of your life will have been gloriously fulfilled. (Sept. 28, "Spiritual Diary" by Paramahansa Yogananda).

Comments

Popular Posts